View Single Post
Old 05-21-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Party\'s WSOP Steps - Warning! - Update

Wow. It's quite an event talking with Party's customer support. The first time I call, I'm told the WSOP Step freerolls in your account will expire once the promotion is done, as per our "terms and conditions". I ask to see these "terms and conditions", I'm put on hold for 15 minutes, then the line goes dead.

I call back and ask to speak to a supervisor. He gets on the line and asks "can I have your account name please". I reply "You dont need my account name, just answer my question". They will expire as per our terms and conditions. I again ask to see these terms, and this time I'm pointed to this:

"PartyPoker.com reserves the right to modify, alter, discontinue or terminate a promotion at any time for any reason whatsoever, with or without notice. Further, these Standard Promotional Offer Terms & Conditions may be modified or amended at any time, with or without notice, by PartyPoker.com by the posting of new terms herein. It is your sole responsibility to check these Terms & Conditions before accepting any promotional offer."

He actually read this to me over the phone. I tell him that this makes no mention of keeping funds/freerolls. He again says they will expire. I tell him "that is flat out theft from your players. Those freerolls were PAYED FOR BY YOUR PLAYERS. DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT IM SAYING?" "Yes I understand" he says, and puts me on hold again.

Now his story changes. He now tells me "it is up to Senior Management's discretion to issue refunds or equal compensation(he didnt elaborate on this)" - now get this - "depending on the value of the customer". What?? So if you're of no value to them, they reserve the right to steal from you? WTF???

He then tells me to send them an email once the promotion is done if I have any freerolls left. "We will forward your email to the appropriate people for review".

So there you have it.. We still don't have a straight answer.