View Single Post
Old 05-21-2005, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Party\'s WSOP Steps - Warning!

[ QUOTE ]
Say I buyin directly to step 6 for $2000 one day before the WSOP because I havent qualified yet, and I really really want to. I finish 2nd or 3rd for another freeroll to step 6, but lo and behold, they stop running them because the WSOP is starting! They just stole $2000 from me.

I realize this is an extreme example, but the fact is the freerolls that will "expire" were payed for by their players

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this policy of Party is outrageous - good to see a serious thread on this. And I dont think the example you give is extreme because even if every player really wanted to use up their freerolls, there would still be some number of people at level 6 that could not find a full table on the last day.

But think about all the hundreds or thousands of freerolls out there at the lower levels. As the deadline approaches they are all screwed, because if you win a level 2 two hours befor the cut off, you have no hope of winning a level 6 in time, so its theft plain and simple.

I think Party found themselves in a bit of a pickle...if they publically state that all unused freerolls will be either paid in cash to the account or refunded in tournament dollars, then A lot of people will not play their level 5 or 6 entry, defeating the whole purpose of the steps concept which is to get otherwise low limit tourney players to pay obscene entry fees to high stakes tourneys.

I think at the end of the day they will HAVE to offer some kind of equivalent refund, but it is very unethical of them to not be up front about it - and in fact to lie to their clients to make them so afraid that they wring out every last dollar from them.

And for what its worth I am am usually a big Party supporter but in this WSOP case, they need to come clean.

H