View Single Post
Old 05-21-2005, 08:45 AM

Default Re: Post flop play help

a wife/husband gambling duo. that's great! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] if you've read the books and can count odds, i'd skip nano once you're comfortable with the basics: pot odds, counting outs, and preflop hands. play tightly to begin with. nanos are for either people that don't have the bankroll or people who don't remember the rules and such.

if you have at least $200, take it to Paradise, use the GRANNY code when signing up to max bonus (why not get paid to learn [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]), plop down at a .25/.5 with $15-$20 and just play. i think .25/.5 is a great place to learn cheap, and people generally play "for real" rather than throwing money around at nanos like in play money.

you can post hands, but i would more encourage reading and replying to hands here. you'll learn more IMO and sooner or later you'll see the hands that confuse you also confuse others. and you'll learn more of reads.

don't multitable and your reads should focus on how/what they are playing rather than their stats. that's my starting suggestion. gl, welcome to the boards, and we look forward to hearing your and your wife's thoughts [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]