View Single Post
Old 04-22-2003, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Whats the deal with Parties hand histories??

I think I've figured out what they're thinking. It looks like they are catering to the absolute first time player who needs to be prompted / reminded of his possible actions; the guy who tries to check when there is a bet to him and the dealer has to tell him he can only call, raise, or fold, not check. This is the same player who is likely to have to have it explained to him why his hand did not win when he was outkicked.

My bet would be that there has been a management shake up and the guy who made this decision is someone with a degree in computer science who has no experience at poker. That would seem to explain this excessive desire for unimportant detail while obscuring the truly important information.

Other sites have gone by the wayside because they wouldn't provide called hand information. Others (TruePoker comes to mind) have heeded the advice of experts and continued on with success.

They can add the unneeded text if they want, that just makes them harder to read, but if they insist on not showing called hands, I will be cashing out.