View Single Post
Old 04-22-2003, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Can someone explain 2/5 limit hold\'em in Colorado for me???

Doh!

Some days I should just stay in bed. That was a long day.

Sorry 'bout that 23:1 comment! 7.5:1 it is.

But still, I think "drawing" hands should only be started against lots of callers for $2. That way they play more like say a $2/$5 fixed limit game given that the laters streets always seem to be $5.

True, trips is a made hand... draws require that 5th card.

I think I did an analysis where a hand with only flush potential gets made only 1 in 27, and given the $2/$5 game it took about 9 callers to break even on the flush only potential. Of course most suited hands have more than flush value alone.

Anyways, trying to figure the adjustments to that game is an interesting challenge.

Any idea when the number of callers gets to be enough that a raise against drawers becomes correct for the drawers to continue to the flop?

I've been planning to sit down and try to determine two things:

1. How much do the odds go against me if I have a pocket pair... for each drawer I'm up against.

2. How many callers do I need to continue with a drawing hand given that I'm up against a pocket pair...AND... the other drawers.

Sincerely,
AA

P.S. As for your "Flush Baby Dude"... oh well, guess he didn't see that set coming at him... That's poker!

Let 'em whine... take the dough! (You know... "Yeah, I hate when that happens to me too! Could happen to anyone...")

:-)