View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 11:44 PM

Default Re: Does Islam Deserve Any Respect?

[ QUOTE ]
Based on the ACTIONS and INACTIONS of its 'pious and righteous' followers, I see nothing to respect from Islam. If the 'pious and rightious' followers of Islam approve of flying planes into buildings and murdering people, I'd sure hate to meet the less pious of their religion.

[/ QUOTE ]

The majority of Muslims don't believe the fanatics are pious.

Muslims around the world have spoken out against the fanatics who are bastardizing their religion. Is it a surprise that this isn't carried in the news? (To be fair, I read numerous articles about various muslim leaders denouncing Muslim Terrorists. But you have to read about it. They don't do a lot of stories about that on Dateline.)

[ QUOTE ]
Bush43 has been going out of his way to talk about the great and noble religion of Islam but he is not very convincing.
Who are you going to believe? Him? or your lying eyes?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are billions of Muslims. The fanatical terrorists, who even if they numbered in the millions, would still be a tiny minority of all people who claim to be Muslim. It would be like saying the Christians that murder abortion doctors or the Catholics who bomb Protestants in Ireland represented all Christians.

[ QUOTE ]
Even though I'm an atheist, I do respect most religions.
My highest respect goes to the Later Day Saints(Mormans).

[/ QUOTE ]

You should read "Under the Banner of Heaven." It might change your mind. (and let me start by saying, the book doesn't put all Mormons under a bad light... but you should read how some of them walk the walk. Its got murder, incest, women in slavery, abuse, corruption... Its a mindblower.