View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 07:22 PM

Default Re: What the Newsweek Farce Was Supposed To Distract Us From

[ QUOTE ]
I know full well that the crowd of people here, especially guys like Grey and quads and all of them, will misunderstand what I'm about to say, but I'll say it anyways...

1) This is not an entire story. It is one alleged account from a "confidential Army report"...clearly it can't be THAT confidential, I guess....

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain. Are you saying that you have information that the Army report is wrong, or are you saying that this type of thing is not the only thing the Army is doing over there (which is obvious) and that some of what the Army is doing is good? Or are you saying something else?

[ QUOTE ]
2) I understand it isn't the only report of its kind, but to all the anti-war people here who fail to see reason and only wish to smear and defile, think about it for a second: NYT is a business. Its there to get readership, readership that its losing. Stories like this shock people, they get more readership. But even if this story is entirely true, consider that actions like this are the exception, rather than the rule. Divisiveness is your goal and you're well on your way, but think about things for a few minutes before just posting everything you can think of to attempt to attack the "other side".

[/ QUOTE ]

And so what are you trying to say here? That these stories, "even if . . . entirely true", should not be reported, because they are "exceptions"? Again, please explain.