View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: A Reasonable Religion

[ QUOTE ]
The Bible claims to be God's Word, not man's. Salvation is by faith, so you have to make a decision. The Koran says many things that are different from the Bible, though it also copies much from the Bible. The chief difference is that the Koran does not recognize Jesus as the Son of God, nor does it acknowledge any need for salvation. Again, the question is whether you believe in Jesus or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
What makes the Bible any more truthful from other books that claim to be God's word (like the Koran)? There has been thousands of different gods worshipped by humans throughout history. Many of them having scriptures that claimed to be the word of the God they worshipped. How am I to know the Bible is the true one and the others are false? Because it says so?

My point is, if God is all-powerful and what I believed was such an important issue as to determine my fate for the rest of eternity, then He should tell me what to believe and what is false. I just don't have the faith to blindly believe that the Bible has to be the word of God because it says it is.