View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Andathar #1

Bah, that's what I get for not looking at titles [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Adanthar #1 - I don't have a very good feel for this hand. I think I understand why you didn't, but I'd probably consider going ahead and making a normal continuation bet at that flop. What are people limping and calling your raise from the SB with, do you think? The hands that I think people are most likely to call with that they limped and call with are QJs, JTs, or T9s type hands, but I doubt you're seeing tons of people making that play. I'm up in the air about this.

The turn bet does look pretty weak, but I'm kind of surprised that the river got checked around following that. What was your plan if there was a river bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry about people not sucking at the 109's; UTG took down that pot with Q9o. They suck just as much as the people at the 11's, just in slightly different ways. For example, I think I was getting called or raised there pretty much every time - that board just blows far too much for AK or most other hands I could be holding. The SB raise narrows down my hand too much, which is why I can't fire at a 2 Broadway flop without *something*. (So yeah, I was check/folding the river and only called the turn because I thought almost all my outs were good. I kinda wanted to know if people thought I should've folded the turn anyway.)

I would do exactly the same with JJ (maybe really pwn the limpers and raise to 200 or something) but I do make a continuation bet into this board, where I possibly wouldn't do it with an A showing. I check a lot of big underpairs HU and 3 way, which doesn't mean I won't call with them. It depends.