View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 12:27 AM

Default talked with absolute on the phone about my slow-downs

Don't feel like digging up the old thread on this.

They sent me an e-mail saying they had read some of complaints on 2+2 and were interested in working with me to resolve me slow-down and sluggishness issues that I experience only when I play absolute.

I talked with their tech-guy today. He was very professional and polite and he had me do a couple of things on my computer and describe what was happening and give him various readings, etc.

He seemed to think the problems I have are more severe than those he's heard about from other people.

Anyway, he's taking some of my data and trying to reproduce the situation I guess and will be getting back to me.

Overall I was very impressed with his politeness and professionalism and am optimistic that perhaps he can figure it out...but for now it's a bit of a mystery still.

He says that they have some pretty old computers there with only a pentium 3 and minimal CPU or RAM (or whatever...I don't know what the hell I'm talking about obviously).
they specifically keep those around to see how AP runs on those older models..etc etc.

Interesting stuff....and I think we may be part-way there.