View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 11:38 PM

Default Re: Drawing Hands in a very Loose Game

Nick, it seems that your strategy is bad for that structure in general and you will continue to not do as well in that game as you should if you play that way.

What I'm talking about is simple preflop strategy. Your stack size w/ a $200 cap is like putting handcuffs on. You cannot play speculative hands profitably w/ no implied odds or bluffing equity. You can either tighten up preflop and push your premium hands hard (all the while reloading and seeing a cheap late position speculative hand once in a while), or you can play crazy until you get lucky, bully the table, etc. so you can quickly build a decent chip stack. This may cost you 3-5 buy-ins, but is much worth it if there are other deeper stacks in the game that are weak and you're planning on staying a while.

As for the hands, I think hand 1 is a fold preflop. Once there, push hard - you don't have the stack to get away or play this passively.

Hand 2 is a clear fold with short stacks. You're dominated most of the time and if you flop a draw you'll be drawing to the non-nut flush.

Hand 3 is a marginal limp - I'd probably do that to. Of course you have to call the raise. If you looked to your left and noticed him about to raise, you should probably fold preflop.