View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Middle pair push

I would probably put the villain on an over pair (AA or KK) since he re-raised pre flop and then raised your flop bet when three baby cards come out. From his perspective you are showing strength with your bet, and he is representing more strength.

When you push on the flop you're basically hoping (praying maybe) that he folds -- because if he calls, he can certainly beat second button. From the villain's perspective (and in this case not knowing that you've been playing like a maniac...) my guess is that he either puts you on a strong overpair like AA-QQ or in the worse case (for him) a set of 9s. If he's assuming normal play, these would be among the few hands "consistent with normal play." He may not necessarily put you on AA since you smooth called his pre-flop re-raise ... (also, he may have AA).

My guess (assuming that the villain wasn't doing anything crazy like you...) is that the villain called the all-in and showed down either AA or KK (because these are hands that people have trouble getting away from...)

Of course, I'm most likely wrong about this conclusion because if you're posting this hand, something bizzare probably happened!