View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: standard situaton poll, without a poll.

If the blinds are 25/50, I'll make a standard open raise to 175 with all of the hands. I'll do this in a 800 or 1000 chip stack game.

If the blinds are 50/100 and we're all even stacked, I'll likely push 9 handed. When the blinds start getting this high with many opponents left, I open up quite a bit on my willingness to accept a coin flip for all my chips. The blinds are getting steep and I need to do something to extend my stack. One nice thing about being 9 handed is you do get a lot of hands in between blinds. However, there's a lot of players left and if I don't catch something better than a wired middle pair in the next round, I'm going to be facing 100/200 blinds pretty damn quick with a lot of people left who are also desperate and probably more willing than usual to call me on my steals.

Ideally, I'll either pick up the blinds or get a race to double up. If I double up, I like my chances from here on out. If I get called by a hand that dominates me or I lose my race, that's poker... oh well. Fire up a new game.