View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Poker Prophecy Software

it seems to me that it would be useful in cetain situations. Weak players for the most part play loose either passive or aggressive. Wouldn't it be helpful to know how well someone has been playing prior to making a call against a large bet. As long as the info is accurate I think it would be helpful. They let you sample 5 people's names. I found it helpful on making a call against a loose aggressive player. He had a win rate of 21%. I had K10 in BB. Blinds were 15/30. He was in the CO and min raised. We were 7 handed. I called. Flop was K 7 3 rainbow. I checked he went all in. I checked his win rate. Called based on the fact that he had a 21% Win rate. He showed K8, and I took down the pot. It was helpful in this one situation. I have an N of 1 though. Before I buy the software I wanted to know if anyone else is using this software to make tough calls like this. The large overbet was also a signal that this guy was a fish, but if he would have had a win rate of >40% I probably wouldn't have called.