View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Help with pocket 10s 6Handed ....-EV

Hi folks

Anyone experiecne this.....

I have found that pocket 10s are nothing but a big suck-out at 6 handed. With so many playing weak Aces, and K8s, QJos, it just seems like any overcards ALWAYS spell doom.

Anyway, I'm am able to lay these down when I'm pretty sure I'm behind, but it seems like there is a real big gap between the ability for 10/10 to win unimproved then there is for JJ.

Do you folks think it has something to do with the loose or semi-losse players getting excited about any high cards 6 handed? (I do realize the extra value of high cards, lower value of suited, etc when SH)

PS. I am not shy about pre-flop play with this hand. I'll cap it if I can. But when I open with a raise and get two Cold callers, then I don't have position or momentum. Next thing is I'm leading out into a KJ4 flop and getting raised, with a big stunned "where to from here" thought in my head.....

GRRRRR......

Anyway, I'd rather see 77 or 88, and look for trips rather than try and make my way through a minefield with unimproved 10s. Any thoughts, or is this just a tough spot 6 handed by the nature of the game.