View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Could I have gone broke differently?

Pre-flop raise looks good but you've got to wonder what the caller has. You don't have enough chips for him to be playing for set value so if he's a decent player he probably doesn't have a small pair. Pre-flop I'd put him on AA-TT, AK-AQ (in the future leave out the results and what your opponent has to make the analysis mean more).

Leading out on the flop is important to define your hand. When he smooth calls I'd be concerned I'm up against a big pair. The only hand you're not way behind is A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and you'd think he'd raise with this. You could probably get away with betting a little less on the flop to save chips if he comes over the top and you decide to lay down the hand.

I think I'd check the turn and see what he does. If he bets, I'm likely to fold giving him credit for a big hand. If he checks, I'm getting pretty confused and maybe he is on a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] draw. If that's the case I'd check the river and fold if a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] falls and call otherwise (inducing a bluff of a missed draw). In any event, once he calls my flop bet I'm going to slow down.