View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Living in the US, Learning the English Language

Amidst all the racist posts, I figured I'd take a stab and say if you are living in the US, learn [censored] English...k thx.

This was sparked by a recent "post" on our company "forum" about "Why isn't such and such printed in Spanish?"

I was inclined to respond "Why is ANYTHING in the US printed in Spanish", but valued my job (at least at this point and time...basically today) more than responding.

Obviously there are exceptions to international dealings between countries, so I am talking soley about US relative content ONLY.

And no, I don't expect other countries to support the English language. If I go there, I expect to speak their language or use sign language or grab [censored] and flash money to communicate.

I just think the US is going too far with supporting the Spanish language. (i.e. Spanish manuals, Spanish instructions, dedicated Spanish channels, dedicated Spanish radio stations, etc). Not to mention how Mexican immigrants are somehow PROTECTED and GAIN BENEFITS in the US. No wonder they want to come here.

Now listen, I support Bush (FU if you don't, yeah I'm opinionated) but I am not sure WTF he is thinking here:

WTF BUSH

Meanwhile, those already living in the US (and US citizens at that) can't find jobs.

Anyway, back to living in the United States with exceptional conformity and acceptance of the Spanish language. Why not have French, Russian, German, etc "specialities"?

Isn't that biased and racist?!?!

OK yeah I'm an opinionated [censored], I agree.