View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 03:01 AM

Default Re: Pokerroom Changes Blinds Structure after tourney starts

Pokerroom ran a tourney that was supposed to be a 2 day tourney. Being small turnout on day 1 after 5 hrs of play it got to be 1 before the money. So they stopped the tourney right there instead of the play continuing another 1 hr as advertised. Then on day 2 the blinds were reset to 10-20 while players had 40k in chips. This to me was either a glicth or on purpose. Alot of people watching couldnt believe it. I got mad and emailed support and got a reply stating it was done on purpose. Then I get lies saying it was a glitch. Supposidly pokerroom tourney director has responed to my posts here denying this. Its in the internet forum.

Copy of email from pokerroom below detils why they even reset the blinds. So to say it was a glitch looks horrible. Point is if i knew tourney will stop and have blinds reset then i wouldnt worry about building a big stack early to handle the blinds when they hit 600.
Anyways copy email below

Hi,

Thank you for your recent email.

The blind levels during the tournaments are raised to make sure that the tournament does in fact end as some of the players chip stacks are increasing. I can also see that the blind levels did actually reset on the second day of the Omaha Grand Tournament back to $10 and $20.
The description in the tournament information states the blind levels will increase every 30 minutes which they did, there are no details about the opening blinds on day 2. The blind levels were reset as there were less players in the final day of the tournament and a continuation of blind increases from the previous day could have meant a very quick end and a huge anticlimax to a big money tournament.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Robert