View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 12:41 AM

Default Re: KT - weird 3 way hand with a known retard

Raise or fold the turn to apply maximum pressure on SB. Assuming you have the best hand SB must have a lot of outs. Make him pay the maximum to draw out on you. Once he sees the river he probably will not overcall with a worse hand and your chance to collect from him is gone.

However my diagnosis based on your description is that UTG is *primarily* a calling station who does sporadic spastic things. That means you are playing a nasty parlay:

1. UTG is bluffing even though he probably isn't. Note that your hand is too weak to 'catch' many hands such as Qx and AT that qualify as out-of-line in this situation.

2. SB is behind you even though he called two cold on the flop and caught a really dangerous card. I would happily bet even money that SB is currently ahead of you.

3. None of the zillion outs they must have is going to hit on the river.

Against this you may have some outs of your own, but overall I think you should just give up and fold the turn.

Final thought: even players like UTG sometimes respect that SB's presence in the hand makes this a bad time to screw around.