View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 12:24 AM

Default Re: Open Kings Short Handed

beta,

my experience is mostly in b&m at 10/20. havent played online in quite awhile, so your experience will have to be your best guide. IMO, good laydown, not because i fear trips or aces up, but because your hand is nearly impossible to play heads up against one aggressive opponent. my reasoning, in order of importance:

1. your positional disadvantage. this is probably key. you will be first to act in all betting rounds, unless he makes an open pair of aces, in which case you'll have to fold. i'm assuming, perhaps improperly, that a player at 5/10 is aware of this. alas, you will never know where you stand with him.
2. your dead king. an aggressive player should and will pummel you with chips whenever you have dead cards. he might even have the case king.
3. if you're ahead, you're not that far ahead if he has a pair with an ace kicker. if your hole cards offered you an ace or a straight draw in addition to the three flush, i'd advocate taking a card off.
4. pot is still small. the time to get away is now. what do you do if you catch a 9 or a 6? you cant really bet for value. you might be going to showdown drawing to 3 outs.

your thoughts?

respectfully,
temp