View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 08:44 PM

Default Help me buy a car!

Ok, I know nothing about cars. Some guy asked me why I don't just get a viper, and I responded that I dont even know what a viper is. I know nothing.

I just moved to LA a week ago, and I desperately need a car to get around. I'm aiming for the $20,000 - $25,000 price range, although I could be suckered into paying as much as $30,000.

I think I want a luxury car (definately not a jeep or suv or anything like that). I'm under the impression that anything new will be way out of my price range, so something used that's 2-4 years old will be fine.

I'll be blunt. I want something that will impress girls, something that a 19 year old girl would look twice when she sees a 19 year old guy driving it.

Not only do I know nothing about cars, I know nothing about buying them. Is carmax a good place to buy one? I don't even know how that works really.

I want something small and compact. I listen to music all the time and play it very loud, so a decent sound system is important too. Other than that, looks are the only other important thing. I don't really like weird looking cars. I probably want it either black or silver, but like I said, I do want something that can potentially turn heads.

Any and all advice is appreciated.
-TIA
-ZJ