View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 09:47 AM

Default Re: Day One: I have lunch.

I am in too. When I took the challenge, I thought I would be able to 8-table. No such luck ... 5 tables is max. That's fine. More realistically for myself, the 100,000+ 15K rake will be obtained before 120,000 hands. This will be tough, but I have from June 15 to June 30 to play 12+ hours a day.

I took a big hit last night. (Two bad plays.. **cough** .. bad beats in NL). So I will only play limit games from now on.

You can follow my blog, see my profile.

I would really like to know who is in this TGC thing (basically you screen names). I know that myself, VinnyTheFish and AAmazOn (it’s an capital O not a zero on TGC) are playing. Please PM or post it here, if you wish to make it known.

Last night, I took bad beat after bad beat. River beats ... runner-runner beats. I do blame a lot of it my play. I have become more of a calling station when playing 4 or 5 tables. My VPIP is 21 and my PFR is 7% over the 2500 hands.

This is a very tough task for anyone that has taken it. The lowest limit game playable is 3/6. I am quite fine with that, but these games are hard come by. At times, I have to sit at an open 3/6 and wait for players. For over an hour last night, I only 2 tabled. This really cost me 200-300 hands.

The games move very fast and they even have speed games, but the speed games are at 3/6 have been empty.

I love how TGC uses a sort radio button that shows only a certain range of limits, i.e. $2-$5 etc. That makes my life easy while I wait for tables to open. I love the tiny tables, although my tired eyes did not see my type 188 instead of 18, costing me $200! (my mistake)

I am sad that with all the hands, I should be able to play in every free roll offered, but any wasted moment when 5 tabling here can be costly. I mean 5 tabling at Crypto is like the auto-walkway in an airport compared to the rocket games at TGC.

For anyone who thinks rake back is an option here, sorry. Basically any rake we pay goes 100% to the prize. Anything over the cost of the prize (which I believe is seat, room and airfare) then is available for affiliate profit. So you’re thinking after all this, only about $3000 can be eligible for rake back.

Wow – that’s enough.