View Single Post
Old 04-17-2003, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Was I wrong to play 88 in early position?

As far as calling 88 UTG, its ok as lopng as the table isn't aggressive. You wouldn't want to play it for 2, but if you expect it to be 1 bet I think you are in the clear.

After the guy raised and you got 3 callers, the second call is a no-brainer. You are getting 9-1 on the call and your odds of flopping a set are better than 9-1, let alone the fact that you may already have the best hand, although given your position, it may difficult to drive everyone out if the flop is full of blanks.

The fact that you mention that you are on a flushdraw is of no consequence at all. Holding the 8 of [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] is not really a flushdraw and would most assuredly not holdup against 4 callers of a 3 suited board.

I think the check raise would have been a great decision on the turn, since it appears that you have 2 players calling at a big diamond and perhaps UTG-1 is holding the A of [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img], which probably made him feel ok about raising his AA or AK with the diamond kicker on the turn. So make them pay for it.