View Single Post
Old 04-17-2003, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Was I wrong to play 88 in early position?

I will frequently raise 88 UTG in a typical low limit game. Limping is certainly defensible. Folding should never have crossed your mind. Once the action is multiway back to you for a raise and you can close the action for one bet, folding would have been a significant error.

On the flop, I would have bet out, hoped the next guy raised, and then 3-bet when the action returned to me.

I would not have enjoyed seeing the diamond hit on the turn. Your 8[img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] is highly unlikely to win if a fourth diamond hits. You are hoping to hit one of your outs to quads or the full house. The flush draw is not your friend. I would have bet out on the turn and raised when the action got back to me with three opponents still in the hand.

In your situation, I would have check-called the river. The way I would have played before the river would have better defined whether to bet the river or check-call.

By the way, table chatter is often nothing but a distraction. I will frequently turn chat off when I'm playing online.

I trust from the fact that the guy berated you that your set cracked his AA.