View Single Post
Old 05-17-2005, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Greektown Call ahead?

Greektown eh? Let me tell you a little story about them!

So I go there after work and call ahead for 3/6. I get there and my name is 2nd. They call off the top two names, and I head to the cage to get my chips. Then the pit boss walks over to me and tells me there is only 1 open seat and that I'm next on the list. No biggie, I head to the bar to get a hot dog. Then about 5 minutes later they start calling off more 3/6 names. Mine was not first. I let the woman calling the names off know that I was to be next, and she tells me to let the pit boss know. I tell the pit boss that I wasn't called but I was supposed to be next. She gave me a weird look. "When did I tell you that you would be next?" I was dumbfounded that someone could be this stupid. I tried to get her to remember the conversation we had not 5 minutes ago. Nope. Needless to say they gave my seat to someone else and I had to wait about 30 minutes before another opened up.

This monday they went an hour without calling off any names for any games. The dealer said it was "shift change." There were open seats all over the room and the small waiting area was over crowding, and no names were called off.

These are just a few of the f-ups the management makes on a regular basis. Don't even get me started on some of the newer dealers. Unfortunately the games are too good to get me to go anywhere else.