View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 02:28 PM

Default did I push incorrectly?

Commerce NL$400 buy-in, 5-10 blinds.

I'm on button w/ 89 hearts. Young, pretty aggressive guy raises to 40 preflop from MP. He's done this w/ a variety of hands including big pairs and 79s. I put him on anything but for some reason I feel like its a pair over jacks or AK. Bad player on cutoff calls as well. PFR has us both covered and I got the bad player covered. I got ~900.

Flop is T98r. PFR checks, bad player checks, I bet 100. I suspect the whole table views me as a semi-maniacal player who can shift gears well. I usually show down the goods but play a lot of hands preflop. This isn't my normal style but I was experimenting that night for some reason. Anyhow, back to the hand.

So I bet 100 and PFR calls and bad player immediately moves in for ~270-300 total. I put him on a pretty decent hand such as pair + straight draw or AJ. Everything in me says I got him beat and that the PFR has AT or JJ. I think if he has a good hand here that hit the flop hard he'll lead out. He does get tricky sometimes but w/ us two as his opponents I'm certain he'll lead and hope us 'calling stations' will call him or raise him.

Anyhow, I push.

Comments?