View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Just Joined Brunson\'s Room: A Quick Review

This is my sixth online poker room in two years and I like it.

Doyle's Room was a place I read about while I was reading Super System 2. Liking Doyle, and the way he discusses poker, I thought I would check it out. I'm a NL and NL tournament player only. I love the graphics. It's a very quick site. The deposit was no hassle. I beat the waiting list reminder to an empty seat, so I may have some criticism for the list manager later. There was quite a bit of action on the site, middle of the day.

There seems to be a very good interactive platform for contacting the "manager" and for getting tournament rooms advertised. Did I mention it's quick? Big card display too, for those of us who play a little too much and like easy-to-read graphics. I even like the sounds which you can modify so that the computer only squeaks when it's your turn.

Player chat is in a separate graphic box, but I don't care. I have not saved game histories for my tracker yet. Overall, I like it so far. For me to compare, my regular sites are UB and Party. My magoo site is Paradise and my Super Magoo is Full Tilt (razz). I think Brunson waited a long time to get into the business but it looks like he did it right.