View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 02:12 AM

Default Re: David, which is it?

Why are you so confused? I will take a 20% rebate on a $50,000 freezeout. 500-1000 stakes, hundred dollar ante, two hundred dollar bring in Eight or Better stud game. He offered me a ten percent rebate which I am turning down. We can play anywhere, even at the Wynn. But if it is at the Wynn it can't be with a lot of publicity.

The above statement can be translated into my opinion that the chances I win is above 48% but less than 53%. It was not meant to be a serious counter offer since I don't think Daniel would be anxious to play this game with me, even giving me a ten percent rebate, if it doesn't have extra benefits for the Wynn card room.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Daniel conceiving this promotion to help the Wynn. What is wrong however is to make innaccurate implications about someone turning him down. He gains from an even bet. Others don't. I am rather sure that Daniel would not win in the long run giving me a ten or even five percent rebate in typical 8/B stud freezouts. But if Iwere to simply proclaim that, the comment would be met with skepticism. My "counter offer" was made to prove I'm not lying. After all there is some chance that Daniel might accept, if only to call my bluff.