View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 12:21 AM

Default Re: A Special One Time Offer!!!

Yet another small-time online player who only knows the "big pros" via TV and whatnot. During his WSOP run last year I grew to respect DN quite a bit and would have listed him as one of the players I most respected. He seemed to have fun at the tables without acting like a wank while in the spotlight.

Lately, he's acting like a wank. And I understand that the opinions of some small-time poker players probably is meaningless to DN -- and that there are larger financial issues powering some of this wankery. But, you know. I hate seeing a public figure I respect act like a wank.

Oh, and FWIW, unless someone backs DS for whatever reason, a match between the two is not going to happen. DN has the money to wave around (see above mentioned wankery) and DS is unlikely to take any bet for significant stakes unless he is:

A) a considerable favorite -- even picking the game, DS is likely only a slight favorite vs. DN at best

or

B) getting considerable odds on his money

So unless someone takes DS's action to mitigate his risk, or they play at less significant stakes (chance is almost nil) this match just isn't going to happen. Nor should it, if DS stands by his writings; taking up this challenge at stakes significant to his BR, without either a significant edge or good odds, would be primarily about ego. And that's the worst reason to risk significant money.

I say they do a play money freeze out on Poker Mountain!