View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 08:47 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Considering Semi-Pro Omaha 8 Limit-Where Should I Play?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In the O/8 game of life, women are the rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds strangely familiar.....

I'd stick with Party skins. The players there at 5-10 and below are pretty fishy.

I also play Stars and it is also fishy but perhaps not quite as bad, but there is MUCH less table selection.

Pacific has been mentioned here as a good alternative to Party, but I haven't tried it.

--G

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the home games irritate her more than online play. I'd just have to make sure I budget/schedule my time accordingly so that she gets to see me as well.

I usually only work 32 hours per week, by choice. Life is too short to spend it working 70 hours a week. She's going to be starting a part-time job soon, so that will help give her some outside activities.

So anyway, I normally have Thursday-Saturday off. I'm usually holding games on Saturday nights. If I set aside one or two days to play (since I'm only going semi-pro) and maybe 4-8 hour time slots total, that should be a good start.

Provided it supplies us with additional income we didn't have, she'll go along with it if it's helping us to live. If I'm stressed out all the time, ignoring her and having trouble with the budget, well, that's another story.

But I'm the type to mostly only purchase with cash, and use little credit to avoid any problems. So I'm pretty level headed and think I'll be ok.

I think I played Planet Poker and made a few hundred bucks quick at 3/6, but the site was dead for the most part, so it was hard to find action back then.