Thread: A7s defense
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: A7s defense

Value betting without a kicker looks utterly pointless. Expecting this player to fold an ace is also doubtful. So I check.

It's also probably wrong to call in hopes of chopping. All flush and straight draws are home and there are many pair hands that may have taken the free card. Even if he would bet all worse hands he held this might be a close call.

[ QUOTE ]
Opponent is a LAG 80/22, but doesn't actively steal the blinds any more than his normal lagginess, he will open limp.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is really hard to interpret. If his PFR isn't inflated with blind steals, one is left to conclude that he raises even more than it appears in non-steal situations. Now if he were UTG I would conclude that he raises more than a normal 22% player would. If he were on the button/cutoff than obviously he would open raise less than the average 22% player. But at button+2 it appears that these factors cancel and we might be left with a typical 22% PFR player?

Anyway I am trying to expand my horizons, but preflop A7s looks a little over the top to me, especially against a player who would never understand why one might fold a better ace.