View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Critique my \"Betting Patterns\" article

Thanks for the quality reviews so far, was afraid was either going to get BS or flamed lol

exactly, Lawrence Ng [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

"I would prefer to see the betting patterns with made hands graded by levels of aggression, not the rank of the made hand. You might describe which levels might correspond to which hands in some situations, and how you might change the levels of aggression depending on the turn and river. For example, if you flop a straight you can be very aggressive, but you should slow down if the turn completes a flush draw and pairs the board or makes a higher straight likely. "

shouldn't the level of aggression be directly proportional to the rank of the made hand? Are what you are trying to say is that I should take more consideration into how scary the board is? sorry I do not quite understand

"I also don't know what you mean by two pair weak kicker versus two pair strong kicker. To a novice, it may sound like you are advocating playing 22 strongly on a board of ATT, but not playing KQ as aggressively on a board of KQ2."

good point, I should clarify that

"What is your plan for made hands that are weaker than top pair, e.g., A7 on a 973 flop?"

I did cop out on this a good deal it comprises some of the hardest poker decisions, but I plan to still write it

"When would you ever check-raise?"

good idea, even though it is a little complex I think I can simplify it some. Also I believe I will add to check-raise with good draws with many players in.

thanks for all the input, keep it coming!