View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 11:02 AM

Default Re: jayboo

I keep separate databases for no-limit and limit, and use separate rules for each (excession's rules for no-limit and the rules from the for-pay PT guide for limit). PT works fine when you do this, but there's a small bug: the icon descriptions that you see in PT (and GameTime and PlayerView) will match those of the last database for which you ran the auto-rate process. Because I want to see the icon descriptions match, it's a small pain to have to run auto-rate every time I switch games. I've reported this in the PT forum. For those who use two rulesets but don't care about this, no big deal -- the rulesets themselves will function properly.

More on topic, I love these new rules from excession, and have learned a lot reading through his documentation. But after a week of using the rules, I just can't get used to some of the icon choices -- in other rulesets I've used, moneybags means good player and dice means (probably) bad player. For this ruleset, I may switch the icons for slightly loose aggressive and the over 55% categories. To me, these make more sense intuitively.