View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Empire Poker $10 SNG Hand for Analysis

I like this push. Your either going to take down a nice pot early and hopefully send some sort of message (even at the $11s) or get called. If you get called your likely either in a coinflip situation getting great odds on your money, in a dominating situation (especially at the $11s where I've seen all in calls with KQ or KJ), or possibly dominated by AA/KK.

I disagree with NYJ's line of calling and seeing the flop. You are going to miss the flop around 2/3s of the time and have to play postflop against 2 $11ers you have no read on, not the ideal situation. If you think they have AA or KK your likely dominated regardless so the only benefit of this line is getting to bow out early if you miss. However there is another side-effect of this play. If you make your have you WANT hands like TT and 88 to call drawing to 2 outs. If the flop comes AJx like it did and you bet/push those hands are going to have a hard time calling, they still might but its less likely. Take the probably coinflip getting 5 to 2 on your money (assuming they even call), you'd kill for that situation later in the SNG.