View Single Post
Old 05-14-2005, 11:10 PM

Default Re: Please Help - Urgent blind situation

I may not follow this exactly, but I don't think that "correct" is the correct word to use here. That's like saying the common 4-door sedan is the "correct" sized car. Their tournament schedule is fair and unambigous, that's what matters.

And now, since I feel in "Guru" mode I'll say this: there's higher EV in dealing with "is" than there is in changing (or complaining about) "is" to "should". This means you are better off figuring out the best strategy for this structure.

With only 35 chips and 1-2 blinds, and as the other responder pointed out you are short stacked if you don't get a hand in the first 15 minutes, I'd say this structure reverses from the regular: most are short stacked early but later on most will have plenty of chips vis-a-vis the blinds. Usually late most are short stacked and there are a couple big stacks; here there will be mostly big stacks and a few short stacks later on.

You are going to HAVE to have chips later on, perhaps after an hour, otherwise the big stacks are going to attack you blind, and most of the others WILL have big stacks. This means you'll have to gamble early, since surviving just puts you in a bad position later. Attack the weak-tight blinds and hope you win the first confrontation.

When you get to the end you should figure to have plenty of chips to play short handed, which is ideal if you play short handed well.

- Louie