View Single Post
Old 05-14-2005, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Loosening up UTG+1at a loose passive table

[ QUOTE ]
I would have folded PF for sure. If the 8 were something helpful, then I might think about limping there. I just don't think you should play a pretty bare 23 when the table isn't too loose (granted, you have three donks in, but I don't think it's enough to justify the limp).
I would have called the flop bet for sure though. It's only one SB, and based on your classification of SB as LAP, I think it's pretty unlikely he has you in both directions. Further, it's very possible that the guy has absolutely nothing (i.e. your 8s are good) since he only had 1 bet left.

Just my opinion though, I'm still learning too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most flops had been seeing 5-6 players in w/o a raise. 23 was worrisome, but I thought with the added K high flush possible it was worth a look at the flop. I agree however that it was marginal and I had to convince myself to limp.

On the flop I think fold/raise. I either want to get out or raise to try and get it heads up with a stack that cannot charge me any more to see a showdown. By just calling, I invite the button to call one sb, with position and he can either milk me or skate depending on how the turn helps him. The problem is folding seemed too weak and raising seemed a little too much, hence why I posted the question. After reading the other response, I think the best course of action would be to raise the flop and if button cold called 2, check to him on the turn and play it from there based on the draws that I have then.

Vern

Thanks for the response.

Vern