View Single Post
Old 05-14-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: A ministep 4 hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would probably fold. My read is that he has a pair of kings. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm, why do I feel like you have some inside information?

Looking back, that seems like an awfully aggressive flop bet. At this point I don't know who the fishies are and who know what they're doing, but this could have been an idiot with 88 or two diamonds. If he knows what he's doing, it's likely a big ol' pair. Given that, and the fact that I don't know where he falls, perhaps I should save my chips and pick a more secure spot.

I'm at least as interested in preflop as on the flop though. Are there any arguments for folding? Reraising? I mean, I think calling is best esp vs an unknown who has minraised before, but discussion couldn't hurt.

I also haven't played enough of these ministep4s yet to get a feel for the field. My guess is that it's mostly qualifiers playing scared trying to squeak up to the step 5s or at least no fall tumbling back to step 1. Anyone else have any information on these, or other ministep levels?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its fine. You take down the pot right there often enough for it to be a good play.