View Single Post
Old 05-14-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Day One: I have lunch.

I'm not going to put up a progress report every day, but thought that I’d at least do one for the first.

After sealing the deal with TGC, I went and had a nice lunch at one of my favorite hangouts, the French Quarter on Santa Monica to think about what I had gotten myself into and how I was going to climb this mountain of hands. I decided that I needed to do some preparation to ready myself for the climb.

I hadn’t mailed out my contribution for charity from last month yet, so I got that in the mail right away to enhance my karma. Every month I take 10% of my net and give it to some organization that I think really does good in the community; I think that it’s important to use your money to improve the world in some small way, to feel like you are making a little bit of a difference. And it always seems that good things happen when I do this on a regular basis.

Also, I thought that it would be nice to have a symbol for this quest so I looked around for something that would fit in my workspace and look over me. I found a very lovely blue faerie figurine, the Pisces one from the Jessica Galbreth’s zodiac fairies. She is green and blue, like the club and diamond aces of my favorite hand.

After some stretching and washing to get myself physically ready, I blessed my workspace with some oils and sage and my former roommates dream staff. It’s a Native American dream catcher mounted on a long rod with some beading and leather trim. Her tribe, the Ojibwa, hand made it for her when she found her birth mom (she was adopted at an early age) and finally came home to see her. It’s a beautiful piece, and I can feel the love and power of the native people in it. I don't know why she left it behind when she moved, but I'm happy to keep it for her if she ever decides to pick it up.

Finally, I shifted some funds around and I managed to get in some poker. About 1,500 hands worth, I didn’t want to push too hard the first day; I was experimenting with table views and so forth. I may use the mini view for at least some of the tables. I can get 4 without overlap on my new monitor, but if I go to a 5th I’ll either have to put it on the other screen, live with some overlap, or put a couple on min view to fit them. If you see me at the tables and I don’t talk to you, it’s likely that I’m not able to see your chat, don’t think that I’m ignoring you.

Time to get back to work. I’ll let you know how it’s going .

Shauna