View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 10:28 PM

Default Re: a test (don\'t bother reading this one)

[ QUOTE ]
Big enough for even Matt, the almighty thread locker, to have given in to the desire to forever prohibit the creation of another lame response.

[/ QUOTE ]

That should be spelled Mat, not Matt. One T, not 2. See the various forum pages that give his name.

Now, in a normal thread my comment might end there. In this thread, however, it seems appropriate to ask, Why not 2 Ts? After all, the thread title is a word with 2 T's, Test, that would be almost useless if you omitted one fo the two Ts (tes, est). So, I think it's a valid question, is Mat only half the man he would be with 2 T's? Or is he more than double, the new chic Mat spelled with one T, a paragon of efficiency, a man of few words and those to the point (Raise, Call, Locked, Banned)?

And how did it come about, this unique spelling of a common name. Surely it must be difficult growing up in the footsteps of a famous father (I presume he's the son of David) - so did David Christian him Mat like the boy named Sue so that he would be forced to grow up tough? Or was it, perhaps, an act of juvenile rebellion on Mat's part, the cause of numerous family arguments and the reason why his mother can be seen crying in his graduation pictures (after he insisted the documents be made out to one-T Mat)?

Inquiring minds want to know.