View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: The gym makes me really tired

[ QUOTE ]

People tell me they get energized by the gym, but whenever I go I am dead tired after. Any idea's why this could be? I try to eat pretty healthy, with lots of carbs and protein after the workout. Does anyone else have this problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

To get energized, you have to mentally motivated and pumped. I know it's not possible to be pumped all the time, but if it's not in your head to really pump yourself up then you won't feel energized and will feel tired.

I'd check www.bodybuilding.com forums as there is a lot of useful information on all different types of workouts, plans, excercises, supplements, and yes - even steroids use. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I don't know what your own personal goals are, but if they are to build muscle and size, then you need to definitely get lots of rest and sleep, eat a good balance of everything and lots of it.

During the months when I am sizing up, I take a small bottle of gatorade, fill it with some creatine, drink half of it before working out and the rest after my workout. The body constantly needs fluids before, during, and after workout.

If you are doing all this (eating right, resting well) then I think it's probably a mental block right now. Workouts are 60% mental, 40% physical. Some days when there's too much on your mind you just can't focus and get pumped and that can tire you out.

Lawrence