View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 12:33 PM

Default Re: AA hands in SS PL08

Wintermute, I agree with your main point and most of what you wrote, but I have a few points of disagreement.

[ QUOTE ]
Getting reraised is either a mistake by your opponent, or you both have AAxx's, which is also OK.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you only reraise with AAxx, your opponent knows 50% of your hand everytime you reraise, which is bad. I also don't believe it is a mistake to reraise hands like AKK2, AQQ2, AKK3s, etc, because a big raise often indicates a hand like A23X or A2s, not just AA. A big raise sometimes even represents a high only hand like QQJJ or any A2 when it comes from a bad player.

[ QUOTE ]

My general rule of thumb is, when you are dealt AAxx:

in EP (not blinds): limp & reraise if possible
in MP: limp & reraise if possible, OR if raised to you, reraise right away
in LP: raise if not raised yet, reraise if already raised

[/ QUOTE ]

The hands I play the way you described are AA with a wheel card, and A2XX, A3XXs when XX is a pair >TT.

I play AAxx without a wheel card like a weak, speculative hand -- I fold it from EP unless the XX are strong (e.g. JJ, JTds, KQs), limp in MP if the XX have a little something going for them (i.e. one suited ace, connected XX etc.), and limp from LP with any AAxx. I do not want to put alot of my stack on the line with a trash hand like AA96os. I fold most trashy AAXX hands to a raise. Even though these hand may be a favorite before the flop, they are very difficult to play after the flop. You will often have to let your aces go when they are the best hand on the flop.

My style of playing AAXX has a couple benefits. First, I don't lose much when I catch nothing on the flop, which happens most of the time. More importantly, I get paid off when I hit a set of aces or aces full, because no one expects me to limp in with Aces.