View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 10:59 AM

Default Re: New NL Full Ring Autorates

Thanks for these rules. I don't know why you are doing it but thanks.

LOL - I'm doing it in a spirit of rational and scientific enquiry - how else are we all going to keep learning? That is the point of these forums after all...

Reading endless hand histories that start 'I have no particular read on Villain' and seeing the first answer start'it depends'..
or books written by B&M old timers that still claim only 1% of players win money and are mostly stuffed with good ol' boy anecdotes about games that bear no relation at all to online low stake play..

These just don't do it for me -...

If I don't publish these on sites like BTP and 2+2 I get no feedback. If I don't get feedback from players the rules don't improve...and I don't learn as fast...

If I want to maximise my progress I have to publish my thoughts for peer review - that's how the engine of progress works..if I'm going down the wrong path then I'd rather a better player pointed it out now.

If a player armed with my rules takes some money off me at a Party $100 table then so be it - that's a price I'm happy to pay to give something back to the community that helps me and improves my game..it's going to be a marginal effect at best I suspect...