View Single Post
Old 05-12-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Why I Love Absolute Poker

I signed up under an affiliate, but there was a mix-up with the affiliate code, which meant I didn't roll under the affiliate. This of course meant no rakeback for me. (My affiliate mentioned that the same thing was happening for about 50% of his signups.

We both tried to work with AP to get it fixed, but no luck. I played there so awhile without RB, but the more I thought about the situation, the more upset I got that they couldn't/wouldn't fix it. So, I stopped playing there for a few months.

I then got an e-mail from the VIP Promo Guy, at AP with an account specific offer. I replied that the offer was good, but I had to decline as I stopped playing at AP. I then explained the situation to him (without using the word rakeback).

He (the AP promo guy) suggested that I just create a new account under my affiliate. He agreed to close my current account and even gave me some cash (in the new account) for the AP points I earn on my old account.

Point of this long story....

It doesn't hurt to ask if it will be ok to close your account and open up a new one. Based on my experience, I'm sure they will go for it.