View Single Post
Old 05-12-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Re: World series final event payouts

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah it is a much flatter payout then any other tournies. 7.4 million probably isn't even 15% for the guy that ends up with all the chips.

Looking at last years payouts, the 2nd table got 175-373k, the 3rd table got 120k, 4th table got 80k, 5th table got 60k and so on down to 10k for many players.

I am guesing the 2nd table would get 400-800k and the 3rd table somewhere around 200-300k.

I doubt the "pros" are happy about the flat payout but for most of the 6600 that plays, this is a very good payout structure. Ken

[/ QUOTE ]

This is fantastic, actually. To 99.9% of the players in the main event this year this flatter payout would be preferable, simply because we've reached a point in prize money where it makes good sense to make as many big payouts as possible to as many players as possible.

I seriously doubt that whoever wins it will feel like they got shorted.

"Yes, Norman, I'm happy to have won, of course, but let's get serious--$7.5 million?! Please, I wouldn't even have PLAYED in that stupid $42 satellite in the first place if I'd have known they were gonna do THAT to me!"

I think the following scenario is much more likely:

"I'm sorry--excuse me?! HOW much did I just win for 35th place?! You're freakin kiddin me!! Woooooohooooo!! Yeah! Holy sh*t!! Damn!"