View Single Post
Old 04-08-2003, 04:07 AM

Default Re: PLHE - how to get better?

Thanks, Nicky. Yes, I've read Ciaffone's Omaha book, but it is primarily HE that I'm playing and that's likely to remain the case.

It's Poker Stars that I play at mainly, and there I'm beating the 0.10/0.25 and 0.25/0.50 games pretty comfortably, although for the latter that isn't over a huge number of hours. Recently I've been playing a lot at Victor Chandler as well, and the similarly-sized games there have been good for me as well. However, the PLHE games at VC seem to have died a death recently, which is a shame. [That's with the exception of the 0.05/0.10-blind tables.]

When I've tried 0.50/1.00, it's pretty much only been at Ladbrokes, with just a couple of hours at Stars and VC. I've heard many people say that the games at Ladbrokes are soft, and a lot of the play I've seen there would tend to support that - but I've really struggled there, and have lost fairly heavily. There's possibly an element of 'bad luck' to it, but I feel certain that there's more to it than that, and I've got a few ideas about what the problems might be.

I think for the moment I need to continue racking up the hours at 0.25/0.50 as much as possible, and then give the 0.50/1.00 games at Ladbrokes another go in perhaps a couple of months.