View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Re: I hate 3-betting form the sb

I still cant figure out which limits you play. But that is not so important.

I think there is a huge incentive to pay 1 more sb and get rid of BB. I really do...some hands you just want to get HU and thats that.

Lets take a hand like A8o. Against a random hand and I am being liberal to assume that the button has a random hand, but they often do, the hand is roughly a 60% favorite.
Against 2 random hands you equity drops to 42%.

That is the least important factor, but still a factor. Secondly ur a better post flop player than most and will be able to make smarter decisions, but ultimately if button open raises w/anything, then you have a nice showdown worthy hand. That is $$.

Thirdly button will eventually get annoyed with you 3-betting all the time and lay off a bit, leaving you to take care of BB on your own. That is $$.

Fourthly if the table does not break, if button begins to raise less frequently, perhaps he is raising w/better hands. You can now stop 3betting marginal hands. That is $.

There are quite a few other factors, things like how loose bb is, etc etc. But overall I believe getting it HU is great with medium aces; KQ, KJ. JTo is also a favorite against a random hand, but by much less and your showdown value drops dramatically. There is probably merit to 3-betting that too, because you might get paid off more frequently if a J or T hits, than if an A hits...but that is another discussion for another time.

Sorry for rambling.