Thread: $1100 All In
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: $1100 All In

Before reading the rest of the thread, I really hope it's not just me that thinks you played this terribly at pretty much every spot.

1) AQo is garbage. No, it's not just garbage, it's dangerous garbage. You're safer raising with 62o, cause at least you can get away from anything but a perfect flop easily. AQo is a hand you should be satisfied playing a SMALL pot for, and never want to get involved in a large pot unless you're against a complete moron. You should have limped, NOT raised.

2) The tricky limp-reraise should inspire you to throw your hand away. The pot offers you juicy odds, but you can't like any flop other than QQrag. blech!

3) Your flop raise is horrible. The ONLY hand you beat right now is AK, and you're terribly behind anything else villain could have. He's bluffing into a virtually dry side pot? I think not. A call here would be extremely questionable in and of itself. The only way you can win this hand is if you're either facing off against a moron, or happen to get really really lucky.

4) I think you're behind and villain's continuing to tell you so, so why should I now think you should call? Save your $475 and reload.

----------------------------------------------------

When did AQ become trash in a six max game and its playing 3 handed?

You really need to say this up front if this is the case. AQ isn't trash in this case, and is raise worthy, but after being limp-reraised it's still ugly.

You're also being deceptive somewhere, cause in a three-way game where you're the button and villain is one off the button, villain is the BB. So either villain didn't limp, you just open raised; or there are more than three opponents here.

Either way, the only thing that changes in my assessment is that if it's 3 - 5 handed I'd be okay with raising AQo. But it's still garbage if someone pushes back at you. And it cannot withstand this sort of action on that flop.

- C -