View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 02:23 PM

Default When to start making moves?

I played a live mtt with 130 ppl last night, in a format where blinds moved up pretty fast, but not quite a turbo pace.

In level 6, with ~t3200, I pickup 78o on the button and see the table fold to me with blinds at 300/600. SB and BB have me covered, but only by a 1 or 2 k each, and are themselves medium stacks.

Blinds were about to go to 400/800 and I'm thinking its time to start making some moves. My read on the guys was that they were somewhat tight, and likely would fold A9 and down, and small PP's to me, so I pushed thinking likley I just pickup the blinds hoping that SB/BB don't have a monster.

Is this indicative of the types of moves one needs to make to or is my hand way to weak to take this risk?

I make it deep in a lot of mtt's, but never bring enough chips due to my tight play, and am trying to open up.

(deep is a relative term, which in this case means I close to or into the money, but usually have to start playing all-in / fold too early to have other than lucky shots at final tables)

Thanks

P