View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 11:53 AM

Default Re: How to start multi-tabling? (PC lag issue)

[ QUOTE ]
With PokerTracker importing the hands, I occasionally get my PC slowing up so I can't click on a Check/Bet/Fold. When it happens, it frees up in a few seconds. It's a tiny bit stressful when this happens. Would the added pressure of having to act on 2 tables at the same time make this worse? Is it time for me to upgrade my PC?

[/ QUOTE ]

So, everybody's already answered the base question, but I think I can help you with this. Turn off animations in Party.

I run PT and PV, importing hands as I go so the stats on my opps are up-to-date (I 4-table, so these are the only reads I have). PV seems to be particularly resource-hungry, and slows the machine down a little, occassionally (the party-skin software isn't exactly efficient, either). Turning off the card/chip animations resolves all the problems, tho.

And, if you're asking if you should upgrade your PC, the answer is clearly yes. But don't sink a whole lot into a high-end graphics card, just for poker...the skins software won't utilize the improved hardware, it'll just run through the windows graphics generator, anyway.