View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 11:38 AM

Default Re: How to start multi-tabling?

[ QUOTE ]
It's a tiny bit stressful when this happens. Would the added pressure of having to act on 2 tables at the same time make this worse? Is it time for me to upgrade my PC?

And if so, what size monitor should I get to comfortably multi-table? When looking at systems to buy, should I start with the "game" type computers (with great graphics cards...)?

[/ QUOTE ]

More memory will likely fix this. You clearly do not need a "gaming" computer or graphics card. A monitor with a 1600x1200 resolution will show 4 tables with little or no overlapping (depending on the site).

As for following the action, you are right, you will not be able to do it much at 4-tabling or higher. I once had a session where I was playing heads up on one table and full tables on two others. After I quit I realized that I had no memory at all of any hand played at the two full tables, even ones I was involved in. (That was a little scary, but looking back at the hands, I played them fine.)

Start with two tables and work your way up. (I wouldn't mess around with play money tables, but you might consider playing a level lower than normal.) If you are unhappy with your ability to play the way you want, go back down. (Useful advise, I know, but there it is.)